Well, it has been quite awhile since I've posted anything! Honestly, I have attempted several times to sit down and write, but came up blank. Nothing extraordinarily exciting has happened in the last few weeks, so the following is a compilation of my random thoughts, opinions, happenings, observations...whatever you want to call them.:)
Oh wait- something exciting did happen today! I received a letter from San Jose State saying I was accepted into the Leadership and Honor Society. This came as a complete surprise, seeing as my first semester there was, ehhh..not so hot. Now if I can only make it through next semester of finishing up the much dreaded upper G.E. classes...
Last week I bought some new furniture, and while rearranging my room, I discovered a horrible truth about myself. I am a packrat. I had forgotten about all the stuff that has been hidden throughout my room: lecture notes from 4 years ago, seashells that I collected when I was younger, stacks of presentation notecards from work...why do I keep this junk??? There must be a cure for this disease.
If you are ever bored and in need of a source of amusement, go check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MBBr-a2KnM. They're an improv group that basically play pranks in public. It's very interesting and the reactions can be highly entertaining.
Have any of you heard about the plane that mysteriously acquired a car-sized hole while in air?As related by the Miami Herald, "Australian investigators began examining the stricken Qantas jumbo jet Saturday, July 26, 2008, after it made a harrowing emergency landing in the Philippines with a giant hole in its fuselage. The Boeing 747-400 was cruising at 29,000 feet (8,800 meters) on Friday with 346 passengers aboard when it was shaken by what passengers described as an explosion. Oxygen masks dropped from the ceiling as the plane descended rapidly and debris flew through the cabin from a hole that suddenly appeared in the floor." Hmm. Not sure how I would react to that one. Thank you, but I don't believe I'll be wanting to fly anytime soon.
On a more serious note, I've had an old song running through my head. It has become one of my favorite "oldies":
Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise, for it was grace that bought my liberty. I do not know just why he came to love me so. He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.
I shall forever lift my eyes to Calvary. To view the cross where Jesus died for me. How marvelous the grace that caught my falling soul. He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.
Every time I think of this song, it causes me to remember how truly amazing God's grace has been in my life. I am so thankful that, in the midst of my faults and mistakes, His love and grace are never failing.
And I think that's about it for now! Have a great rest of the week!

3 comments:
Great post Marisa. As I was reading about the song, I got an overwhelming feeling. It is so true, Gods grace is amazing. I know that in some of the lowest times in my life Gods grace helped me through it, along with a Great Friend that was standing beside me all the way through it. (By the way, that would be you). :) I love you girl. Cant wait to see you next Friday at Camp Meeting. You going to stay the weekend there too?
Great post. Good to know that you're still alive!! lol Its been a while since u posted I was getting worried!! lol
Marisa, Wow, you had a blank before but this post was FULL of good stuff! Congrats on your acceptance into the society! I'm so proud of you! It is the grace that caught our "falling soul" and thank God He looked beyond my faults, I know you're shocked that I have any faults, but yea I doth!! LOL! We love you girly!!
Post a Comment